Bike to Work Day!
June 2nd is Bike to Work Day at uOttawa!
Cycling is an environmentally friendly way of commuting to and from work. With Canadian Environment Week looming, Protection Services and the Sustainable Development Office are organizing a variety of activities. (details)
Wednesday June 2, 2010 - Bike to Work Day
Join uOttawa for Bike to Work Day and discover the benefits of cycling to work. Bike to work day will be held during Clean Air Day to promote and encourage cycling as a way of commuting to and from the University of Ottawa. In case of bad weather, the event will be postponed to: June 3rd, 2010.
Bike to work day events (between 11:30 and 13:00 at the Morisset terrace)
- Free bike tune-ups and maintenance clinics;
- Bike theft prevention (information & tips);
- Gift certificates from local bike shops will be drawn to cyclists who bike to campus (register by emailing Daniel Spence at email@example.com;
- BBQ (proceeds will go towards Protection Services annual United Way fundraising campaign).
Why participate in Bike to Work Day?
- It's an opportunity to try cycling to work;
- See why so many employees and students already bike to and from campus on a daily basis;
- Biking is fast, and often faster than traveling by car or transit;
- Stay in shape. Your commute can be your exercise routine;
- Save money;
- It’s environmentally friendly.
For more information on the Bike to Work Day at the University of Ottawa, contact
Manager, Sustainable Transportation