International students, Welcome!
Your personal safety starts here!
Protection Services is a reliable service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We work daily at ensuring a quality of life to the members of our community. We are here to help you so don’t hesitate to contact us our use our services.
At Protection Services, we believe that our campus is very safe. With 40,000 people, they are home to a small community. If all the members of this community make an effort to reduce risk by taking simple preventative measures, the risk of becoming a victim is reduced.
Where are we ?
To find out where our main office is located, click on the link below http://www.protection.uottawa.ca/docs/1993SOSMapMain.pdf
At Roger-Guindon, the Protection Services office is located near the main entrance, in room 2013.
To reach us by phone
Emergency : 613-562-5411
Inquiries : 613-562-5499
In case of emergency, you can use one of these ways to reach us :
For example, contact us or come see us if you…
- are a victim of a crime (ex. theft, sexual assault, harassment, intimidation, threats, etc.)
- are a witness of a crime or of an incident (ex. vandalism, assault, theft, etc.)
- are hurt or need medical assistance
- discover a fire
- are disturbed by noise generated by parties
- have questions related to your personal safety
- want to participate in a crime prevention program
Below is a picture depicting our Officers. It gives you an idea of what our Officers look like. Although they have a different look, they all work for Protection Services. From left to right, we see a team supervisor wearing a white shirt, a bike patrol Officer, in the centre and an Officer wearing the regular uniform and on the right. Our Officers respond to emergency either on bike, on foot or using the hybrid patrol vehicle.
Take a look at our programs!
Protection Services offers crime prevention programs in order to reduce the risk of victimization on campus:
- Rape Aggression Defence course offered to female students
- STOP Theft– help prevent lap top theft
- Community Protection – crime prevention for students
- Foot Patrol (managed by the Student Federation)
Work or volunteer with Protection!
You wish to work or volunteer on campus during your stay at uOttawa? Click on the link below to find out how you can join our team!